Sunday, April 24, 2016

Post Road Trip

April 24, 2016 - Final day in Phoenix

Rachelle and I started our day with an awesome hike at Deem's Hill!



We enjoyed another gorgeous morning with plenty of sunshine and only one little "uh-oh" when I spotted a snake.  It was a rather skinny snake with orange, black and white stripes.  It was partially obstructed in a dessert shrub.  The shrub hid the creature that was "involved" with the snake.  I don't know who was the victor, but someone was making a horrible sound.  Now, I observed all of this in a nanno second, because after that I ran!

The scenery was lovely and our fellow hikers were friendly.



Afterwards, we went by Walgreens to pick up some prints to complete a project.  We enjoyed a delicious breakfast, and then I headed outdoors to read in the sun.  After a bit, I became distracted by the sweet birds landing in a nearby palm tree. So, I took out my Merlin app and started identifying the birds.  I know, what a nerd!
   We decided to have a healthy lunch because we knew that our dinner would NOT be considered healthy.  Rachelle showed me how to personalize a t-shirt using her silhouette machine, which was really cool!  Rob worked at his computer, completing two projects, while Connor and I worked on his puzzle some more.  That puzzle HAS to be the most challenging puzzle ever created!
   And for dinner, we HAD to go to a local In-n-Out Burger place because I had not tried this California chain restaurant.  I have to admit, my burger, deemed the protein version since there was no bread involved, was quite tasty, and the fries were delicious!  Our evening was made complete with a trip to Starbucks.  It's hard to believe that this trip is ending.  We've had such an awesome trip seeing our beautiful country, as well as spending precious time with our family.

1 comment:

  1. We have SO enjoyed being "bookends" of your California trip! We'll miss you guys so much! Great memories!

    ReplyDelete