Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Canadian Cruise - Celebrity Eclipse - Aug 28 - Sep 8, 2024

 August 27, 2024 - Marietta to Boston

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! Wow, 78 years ago, those two YOUNG folks eloped! I hope they are enjoying their first heavenly anniversary together. Today, we set off on another "bonus cruise" with very uneventful (which we've come to appreciate) travels. By 1600 hours, we were settled in Room 818 overlooking the Boston Harbor on a gloriously sunny day. Rob took a nap while I worked out at the gym, again, overlooking the glistening Boston Harbor.  I couldn't help but think, "Wow, this is where the Boston Tea Party took place" and be grateful for another travel experience. We enjoyed dinner in the hotel's restaurant.  One little disappointment was that the kitchen had run out of clam chowder that Rob was really looking forward to.  On a happier note, we shared a lobster roll that was beyond delicious!



The sunset was awesome!  There's just something about being near water that calms my soul!

August 28, 2024 Boston sail-away

We went to bed fairly early last night, so I wasn't surprised when I was wide awake at 0700 hours, so I headed to the gym.  Once again, I had a quiet workout in a nice facility. We requested a late checkout since we are scheduled to board the ship at 1330 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment