Friday, November 25, 2016

Galapagos, 4 - 15 November 2016

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

It's our travel day, back to the good ol US of A; however, we were in for a bit of last minute drama at the Quito airport.  So, there we were, all settled in at the VIP lounge, when I heard a page for me to please report to gate A-9, our Delta departure gate.  I suspected, and it was confirmed, that my luggage had been randomly selected for a thorough search.  Great!  So, we followed a rather stern looking employee through the bowels of the airport to my luggage.  Turns out it was really Rob's luggage, but we didn't want to confuse the matter, especially since it was all of our dirty laundry.  All I kept thinking was, "Good luck repacking all of that, pal," as the guy took out piece after piece.  I was a bit concerned when he set the chess game over to the side which I had purchased for David.  Luckily, I had no contraband, and we were cleared.  Unfortunately, by that time, it was minutes before boarding.  So much for that VIP lounge perk!!!
The trip home was uneventful, and we actually landed thirty minutes early.  Customs and Immigration wasn't bad, Dan was there to take us home, and we were ahead of the Atlanta rush hour traffic.  Great way to end a truly once in a life time trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment