Friday, October 28, 2016

OCS Reunion - 23 - 27 October, 2016

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

We could not have preordered better weather! After breakfast, Rob headed back to our hotel room to read, rest, and enjoy quiet.  I, on the other hand, hopped in the car to explore the charming city of Charleston.  First stop, the oldest continuous synagogue in the United States, Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim.  As luck would have it, there was only one other person on the tour, so it was almost like a private tour.


  Afterwards, I walked to the old "Cigar Factory" on Bay Street because it was the setting from our Book Club's latest read.
  After the hike there and back (over two miles), I was ready for lunch at Hyman's where I enjoyed a delicious crab cake sandwich.  My exploration continued with a walk to Charleston's Holocaust Memorial in Marion Square, followed by a long walk over to Broad Street to what I hoped was a needle works store, but no such luck.  By this time, I was ready to start my drive back to our hotel by way of a quick stop at a small fabric store!
  After a little nap, we ventured back into the city for our 8:00 PM dinner reservations at the Charleston Grille. It was a bit tricky finding the actual location of this restaurant, which is located inside of the Belmond Hotel, but WOW, are we ever grateful that we persevered! From the lovely anniversary card on the table, to the delicious, gorgeous "extra" dessert - everything about this dining experience was FIRST CLASS!  The carrot cake fritters with cream cheese ice cream will always be my FAVORITE dessert!  It was a marvelous way to celebrate our 41st anniversary.
   Tomorrow, we'll venture back to Atlanta, smiling all the way recalling the fabulous memories of Rob's 50th OCS Reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment